Saturday, February 9, 2013

CNY Eve '13

*While listening to Na Gen Nan Ren by Yang Zong Wei*
*While dreaming for my other soul to knock my door*
*While indulging myself in dreams, wishes and hopes, his poignant and sentimental and voice, sucking my conscious, mercilessly)

Korean drama could make your heart melts, could make you fantasize about love, could make you over-indulged in unreality, could make you forget your real aims.

Three days of continuously watching Secret Garden while folding gold paper (Kim Jua) in preparation for the Jade Emperor birthday on the ninth day in Lunar Calendar had brought contentment but a little sadness too or probably "emo". Contentment because Hyun Bin, my favourite actor is so darn handsome. Losing several pounds for the sake of the drama is certainly worth the sweat of his brow. His chiseled face, high cheek bones and strong jaw protrude such more perfectly than ever. Lucky him for having an enchanting face that I am sure most of the boy out there yearn for it and also great body while standing tall at a gaping height of 1.84 meter. This Hallyu star who is born three days after my birthday is now 31 years old. He is my favourite since my first watched Korean drama - My Name Is Kim Sam Soon.

(Still he is far away from achievement if you want to compare to my Taiwanese Idol - Jay Chou - who is also in his 30s, but far more eyes-dropping report card he has)

But here's the problem with all these incessantly popping out Hallyu stars each time with more and more fresh faces. Are they really that perfect? Just by a single glance, their faces were just flawless, but seriously? I doubt Korean men who do not go for plastic surgery. And well of course, rationally we, naive single lady would fall easily for fairy tale prince easily because dramas are something made by human. It is within the director's control and of course he could make those main casts as perfect as possible both in acts and the way they kiss. They can control the angle to shoot their faces, they could control the things, luxuriance they have, they could depict them in whatever way they want as long as they could get high viewers and fans.

(I just want to slap myself awake from Alice in the Wonderland and tell myself do not ever yearn for such a perfect guy before I succumb myself to intense despair. Note: Virgo main weakness - always desire for perfection)

The downside of watching Korean love drama especially for single lady. Haih.

I'm not that kind of drama people. Staring the screen and let all the story plot unfolds one by one is just not my type. I find it lacks of challenge, not mind-provoking enough, no I-want-to-know-more-feeling because you could just click the next episode and let the answer reveals by its self. And hours and hours would then just pass like that. When you finish the whole drama too fast, you'll feel empty that very fast too. Just like how you gush a bowl "fan kok" soup too fast and the next is like burppp, give me more (but there is no more).

Reading is totally different. There is limitation when you read. Your eyes would strain much that you say "lets call it a day". And then you continue the great pleasure of reading tomorrow. Also, the plot is mostly unpredictable unlike common why-u-no-love-me drama.

(Drinking Cappuccino, staining the upper lips deliberately, only to let your other half wipe it off for you?)

At least reading do not ends the pleasure so fast. Even when you have reached the end, you would still have to wait until those words in the last paragraph are all digested then only you call it an end. I would always remember J.K. Rowling words on why she prefers people to read. It is because reading enables vast imagination. You won't get this by watching dramas.

(Ahh, just remember I forget something about Hyun Bin - his cute little dimples!)

By the way, it's 11.00pm now, 8th of February 2013. Xiong Yong's birthday. Blogging while chatting with Patrick, my very clicked pal. Another one hour to CNY eve. Happy CNY world. Fireworks just burst like a boss somewhere in the sky.

(Funny how our loved stars could have such an almighty power that if they smiled to us, we would seriously hyperventilate and faint. Seriously weh, that's what I thought if Hyun Bin smiled to me)





Ahh, by the way today's post is about CNY pre-eve. Well, Mum has not been well for three weeks. Her muscles have all strained pretty intensely and are like shrieking all the time to ask her to stop working so that they could at least breathe. But the hard working she just would not stop. Giving it a halt in return making her screams while those muscles slurping orange juice, sunbathing on the deckchair with sunglasses on.

I had queer dream again today. The other day was about Dad not attending me when I wanted to show him those great environmental projects I had done. Unfortunately I could not remember last night's.

Well, holiday just can't stop my mind from drifting and immersing myself in nonsensical thoughts. Mind has turned into total relax mode that there are vast space for ridiculous vivid dreams. Holiday also, made me restless. Blame it on the great void time that I had (though it was full of activities), I could not help feeling guilty if I did not utilize wisely in brainstorming for CZ and UMCARES and rainwater harvesting and this and that.

Pre-CNY today started just like any other day. Except today morning I did not practice my Chinese writing but instead finished the book, "The Upside of Irrationality". Thinking back, it was a book I feared the most, I often tried avoid reading it mainly because it woke me up to face the truth - the truth that I feared to face, the truth that whatever decisions or actions that I made were wrong actually. This book, like what the title has best portrayed, we should be less rational because the moment we acted rationally, we would think that we acted right, but actually we are not 100% correct. Lots of doubts surfaced. And it started to really give you headache thinking on what actually would be the best then.

Still feeling over-whelmed, I accompanied Mum to shop for groceries in Tesco. Bought really a lot. Anyone would just understand it by just mere look on the receipt. RM300++ What's your expectation? It's CNY by the way.

Afternoon was spent like usual, folding Kim Jua while watching Secret Garden. Loser me for posting Chinese status in FB but in fact I was just typing those pinyin by referring to Na Ge Nan Ren lyric. Loserrrr..

I done the errand almost at 7pm. Stood up stretching and wriggling my body just to let loose those taut muscles. And romantic scenes of Secret Garden can't stop flashing on my eyes.

Tonight's mood was especially pleasant, maybe because of the drama, I spoke in my weirdest English with lots of irritating accents to my sister who I usually annoyed. She might have as well felt weird too because I am usually cold to her. Well, I'm usually cold and hot to my family. In the morning, I would feel annoyed easily if you asked me too much question, and in the afternoon, I'll treat you politely because I repent my acts in the morning and in the night, I would be like in the morning again.

All those days in my past three weeks holidays had always been plannings on what to do next on things that I usually did not get chance to do when academic paced in my daily life, what to achieve today and wait no for tomorrow lest I had no time to do it once sem reopens while it was like weeks away.

I coined these as paranoid. Again, I could not help because it was the nature of a Virgo.

Holiday holiday. I practiced hard on keyboard, still I needed long time just to get both my hands to play simultaneously. I wonder I wonder. When would the day I be damned good in keyboard come.

Yearn no more because it would arrive. The day would come. That one day. Those I yearned would come.

Just like how I always desire to drive on the road ever since a toddler, using hula hoop as steering, with imaginative road path on my eyes, I swerved and accelerated, I signaled and made the vroom-vroom sound.

It's 12 am already. Happy CNY eve. I wonder when would Bro be my Bro again.

(CNY eve, and I'm hungry. Looking forward to tomorrow's prayer, reunion lunch, shopping with Sis (which I hope Mum to have gotten cured earlier so that she could at least window shop around the bustling towering saturated shopping complex in KL), steamboat dinner and late night movies on local TV!)



No comments:

Post a Comment