Friday, February 15, 2013

Seizing Opportunity, Closing Gaps Between Dream and Reality

There are abundant ideas keep emerging when I'm not even trying to brainstorm. Funny how things always pop up whenever you are not intending for so. The reason is simple: one person words can trigger tremendous ponderousness and adrenaline to make action. This CNY has been inspiring.

#1 Lau Chai Ming
A great leader to be looked upon,who also often exudes hair blowing, eye popping and mouth gaping aura whenever he speaks about environmental actions, encouragement and how-not-to-give-up tips. Few days before CNY we talked about the rainwater harvesting project. He did not really push me, but somehow triggered me to ponder when I almost gave up on my vision. He really did, make me ponder. And all the thoughts on how, when, what and why kept knocking the door of my relaxed holiday.




#2 The "witch" in PD
Going back to our Mum's hometown in PD never failed us from stopping by a temple we prayed ever since I was a toddler. So here it went, every year the witch would commend my sister and brother for having a great prospect waiting for them especially my sister. She always complimented her in terms of  beauty and intellectual but not mine. I wonder why. Did my physiognomy really tell less fortune and light glaring success? I doubted for a moment but not forever or else I would have not accomplish much in my life to date. And proud to say, I wasn't even envious or yearn for those compliments and assurance which I just realize as I wrote this, because I felt secure with my own attributes and aptitudes. Hard working and perseverance. By the end of the visit, she did taught me something new though: seize the opportunity that is laid in front of you and wait no more. And the optimistic me learned to accept this give-me-little-assurance-and-encouragement witch by thinking that her attitudes toward me was meant to give me motivation.

#3 My Dad
It happened yesterday when he complimented his nephew's youngest son for having a potential to be successful. Dad observed that the youngest son had his own way, in another words, cunning way to get what he wanted. This type of people needed to be wary because of their shrewdness in accomplishing desired things, which, made me reflected on my way of leading CZ's committee. I realized my soft ears often almost take in whatever requests made by my subordinates. I was a less demanding leader, which was a partially bad thing. If I did not demand, just like how I always demanded myself to be hardworking and seek opportunity, I wouldn't have the today me. If my committee tried or rejected to buy my ideas, I started to doubt. Well, I learned not to now. A leader must have vision and never doubt their own vision but must be bold in striving to reach the top. Fearless.

This three person jolted me off my comfort zone today. If I don't participate the Bayer competition, it seems little impossible to see my dream comes true. Sitting and waiting for opportunity have been something I do for long, but when opportunity has arrived and not grasping it is like a sin I would deeply repent. Quoted from Glee's Quinn Fabray lines: the 2-2-2 formula. What would I feel in the next two weeks, two months, two years?

Two weeks: What I should do to get the rainwater harvesting tank establish?
Two months: Ah, I feel like a big fat liar for what I wrote in Yuberactive. Chai Ming and Jaron are helping me with the RWH?
Two years: I'm still hoping for someone to hand me money to establish RWH, but, haih...I have graduated from UM then, how am I ever find a way to barge in the RC with my proposal even if I have the money?

I have rebound. I gotta rebound. Today is Friday which is about three more days before the forth semester. Rebound would mean that mental and physical preparation for the uphill battle, for the studded and rocky paths, for the torment.




Mentally because of the skepticism, haughty critics from pentadbiran and the unable-to-live-up-to-my-expectations committee (to overcome this, I would try my best to lessen the expectations).

Physically because I would embark on my hunger strive. Eliminate four kilograms. That is my least and daring enough target so far. Bearing the weight of 49 kg and 28 1/2 inches at the waist, are what I deserve for being potato couch in this one month holiday. 28 1/2 inches is unbelievable scary for the once 25 inches me. All thanks to the defeat by Mr.Temptation. The best way I realize is staying away in terms of distance and also not sighting those junkies at all. Literally, the best way. Well, I pretty much sure I can do it, for campus life would be so busy I perhaps have not time to eat, especially dinner. The hardest part would only be when the stomach grumbles thunderously and the hunger takes its toll on you, making your brain functioning inefficiently (I do not know how far is true, but I'm concern for that). Oats and healthy cereals would be the standby. Strictly no butter-ry and  fattening biscuits.




Challenges, I welcome you.

Rebound also mean to finish up what are left.

1) One-book-one-week task
2) Keyboard - mastering the wtf minor and major
3) The untouched Ripley's Believe or Not book  :\
4) Writing another Yuberactive story perhaps?
5) UMCARES plan
6) Rainwater harvesting
7) Bayer competition

Today mission would be: completing The Battle Hymn of Tiger Mother, brainstorming on Bayer proposal, 1Big Dre1M, get acquainted with Puan Karimah for opinions, practicing keyboards, practicing Chinese writing.


Three more days, and I need to push myself more. Three more days, I have done things in snail motion and efforts are lacking in order to see more returns. Three more days, to add on my gaining for this holiday besides finishing the great love story of Secret Garden, consistent in one-book-one-week task (Lake of Dreams, Room), writing stories for Yuberactive Agents, participating Yuberactive story contest, studying music theories, constant updates on CZ,

and,

achieving 3.86 for Sem 3 examination! I am finally on Dean List! Yippie! Gotta keep up the great work thought the only remorse is a B+ for Introduction to Earth System, all due to my bad small tests' grades.

Next semester, I predict

- the again-busy-everyday campus-life,
- numerous meetings of NVG, CZ, pentadbiran, UMCARES.
- more field trips,
- lesser time for revisions (as always)
- burning midnight oil for assignments and reports
- mind flying to generating more ideas for CZ during lectures
- guiding  CC's MKC Costume Head
- lesser time going back to home


Speaking of those really make me catching my breath.

Let's just enjoy the final taste of fun. Happy CNY (:

No comments:

Post a Comment