Saturday, July 21, 2012

Yawning Afternoon

Okay, facebook is literally annoying, inducing unnecessary self-critic, self-conscious and might cause someone to beat oneself up due to jealousy on friends who are just way too "generous" on sharing their so-fabulous-life with their best look (only can be seen none other than in facebook) which in reality, it hardly mimics them. Another irritating part is that I would have to make myself appeared offline when in fact I am not just to avoid this particular person. Oh come on. Give me a break would you please? Stop asking redundant or rhetorical questions like "how are you today", "what are you doing now", "what you plan to do tomorrow'. Duh.....if you ever thought of tackling me, well, try again next time until one day you realize that you have been asking donkey questions from the very beginning. You've got to be more brainy and improvise yourself with better skill so that you will not embarrassed yourself every now and then.

Now let's get back to my first intention of blogging. Simmer down She Mei. Today is a happy day =)

Firstly, today is the first day of fasting month. It makes me reminisce on those days when I was fasting with Rokiah, Hajar and Pey in matriculation. It was very fun and exciting, challenging at the same time when you reached the peak hour - 530pm. On that time, your stomach would grumble like thunder, your face would turn pale like a ghost, blood practically drained off in your head and you would be stooping and lumbering along the corridor like a haggard old woman. But when it was time for us to break the fast, that was the miraculous moment of all. The food did not appear from tip of the magic stick with a mere swing but we hunted it earnestly in Ramadhan Bazaar. The first thing I would do was quenching the water. Next, would be the scrumptious food. Well, that was my full day fasting experience.

A quick review on what I have done today : woke up surprisingly early (9am), chatted with Mojo - the birthday girl - on phone for one hour literally, apple, orange, chang and three pieces of juicy durians down my stomach, read Lovely Bone for while, ended up sleeping on the bed for one and half hour, woke up and continue reading, washed the toilet, practiced senam seni, and watched The Vampire Diaries.

The reason I said it was a happy day today was because I was embarking on Lovely Bone finally - a book that I initially hesitated to read lest it was some good-for-nothing love story. However, to my surprise and gratitude, I finally found the book I had all the while dreamed for. It was the book that Miss Mas once blabbed in front of the class about a raped and murdered girl who was now watching the life of her family and friends going around on the earth from heaven. From the moment I heard of this, I vowed that I must find the book but, I started with zero clue. I'd got no idea on the title nor the author's name. I only heard of  the rumour on Lovely Bone was a nice book that became the reason I bought it. The first line of the book was intense enough that it caused me to flashback on Miss Mas's words. And it was a real nice book with gentle words yet challenging enough that it constantly stopped my reading to check on the dictionary. Anyhow, it was not about the duration you needed to finish a book, but it was about reaching for the gist of the story.

Another reason of a gleeful day would be because of The Vampire Diaries. I was so desperate to keep myself from falling into the outdated category that I actually arranged "watching drama" in my schedule. I mean, normal young adults do not need to push themselves to watch drama till their eyes popped out right? Well, I'm the queer one, I need to push myself. Watching drama is just like a habit for them that does not applies on me. Anyhow, I am practically diving into fantasy world of having the way too perfect boyfriend like how I was once becoming too obsessed with the ridiculous sleepy looking Edward Cullen. I would say watching The Vampire Diaries would be a total waste of time. The gorgeous looking and glass hour shaped Elena would just make you feel damn bad and double up your workout whereas Stefan who got the boring chiselled face would make you feel ahhhh...typical hot vampire look...boringgg.... but you would just change your mind in a split second when all his heroic stunts and piping hot kissing with Elena emerge on your screen and would leave you screaming desperately for this kind of boyfriend. Trust me. It's always superficial. I only find it damn meaningful when Stefan said "memories are too important". Damn it. I just like that line as it is so close to my heart.

And that is why I have a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment