Well, 3.69. It's quite an eye sore for me when i first glimpsed on my result. Too many A-. Argghh...I thought it was alright, thinking that my peers would have more or less the same result as mine ( I always thought I am brilliant, not because I am boastful, but I've changed my study method, which I deemed to be effective, and so injected much self-confidence) until I was slapped with the news that Yu Xiang obtained 3.96. O.M.G. That was like the inverse of the last two decimals of my point. That was close to 4.0.
Ouch. Although I wasn't dejected at all nor imbued with all sorts of complicated feeling be it satisfy or you-name-it, because for me the examinations were of low vintage (as expressed in previous post), I still yearn for the best. At least I can be more self-confidence among my coursemates, at least I can stand up tall with my chest high, utterly pumped with self-secure feeling, at least I would not feel too inferior.
But when I think again, the rebellious feeling emerged again. The inevitable bicker in my gray matter : it is purported in Malaysia that examination is the yardstick of intelligence. However, in the western country, the inverse of that statement is claimed to be more viable by looking on the empowering success of Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates. I am always the opposite one. Ever since young, I've realise that my thinking and understanding have always been contrary to others. I do not fathom this.
Besides, I am more of western-minded. I believe that a shrewd person should also include problem solving and great communication ability with people. What makes me feel clean and simple is that the examination is mere a test of you transcripting every single words in lecture notes and translating it into your exam. That is why my result left me with no hard feeling (just that when comparing pointer with peers that hurts). Like what Wei Shen quoted, by joining more activities beyond the books, what you gain from there is what will make you a 4.0 students. I totally agree. However, just a little dispute, Hoo Keen joined lots of activities, and yet he has flying colours result. As compared to me, (okay, no self-degrading statement here).
Anyhow, I'll remain confident and optimistic that though my result wasn't that bravo, but at least I am embraced with lots of external knowledge that those book smart geeks do not have. Nevertheless, this does not mean I will not do my best in exam, I will still strive for it. Yes, undeniably, to make myself feel better among my competitors, but also to boost more confidence when I apply for exchange program.
Strive hard and smart She Mei.
No comments:
Post a Comment