Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra
Attended
Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra for the first time in KL Pac! Thanks to the
opportunity offered by Simon, my dream came true and only RM5 was charged!
Although the show was just a rehearsal, the quality of music serenaded by the
professionals, I believed, was on par with the real gig. The auditorium exuded
grandiose feeling with its high ceiling, golden lights showering the stage; extra
cautious was paid as I walked lest your footsteps were echoed; the lighting
beaming from atop gleamed all the furniture to the sleek mahogany colour; the
invigorating air caressing my skin, luring me to embrace the invisible and
intangible ambience with the hope to capture some back to UM; the sleek grand
piano, elegant harp, obedient double bass, cello, violin, drum, trumpet,
saxophone, xylophone and many more, all resting before the owners come and
create picturesque image of mellifluous music dancing in the atmosphere.
Jaw
dropped, eyes wide opened, while begging my heart to thump softly lest the
rhythmic beats perturbed my hearing, fingers wiggling simultaneously with the
tempo, feet tapping the porcelain floor, humming softly along with the familiar
Beatles tune throughout the two hours orchestra. That pretty much described my excitement while
watching the ebullient conductor with a group of musicians leading us into the
dimension of harmonious music with beautiful arrangement. Listening live –
orchestra music – for the first time!
E-waste project launch! – Second dreams come
true!
I could not
recall when, but I guessed it was during second year that I always envisioned
to launch electronic waste project, either providing a bin in college as the
center of collection or hold an open day for collection. Knowing Jaron was
actually is the key to most dream come true in environment field. He, being on
the same page as me, was the one who gave me the green wheelie bin, was the one
who bravely launched an E-waste drop off point at his composting site, was the
one who gave me lots of opportunity on graphic designing works, was the one who
often pay me lavishly for my work, was one who paved lots of opportunity to me.
So here you go, an E-waste Collection in 7th Residential College!
SPAS Club Reactivation – Third dream comes true!
I did it
finally! Soaring determination, proactivity, and cooperative coursemates and
advisor, we had reactivated Environmental Science and Management (SPAS) Club
this semester. It took me some time to dig out the courage, jump out from
procrastination, stop fantasizing on “what if” which then made me push the go
button to email Dr Fauziah as early before the semester begins to convey my
intention. SPAS Club had been in the cocoon ever since the ruling by
ex-seniors. They suck actually, no interaction with juniors, no
environmental-related initiative, nothing to be looked forward. This time, with
me as President, I vow to make a difference man. Also, I want to try breaking
my own cocoon too because I realize from my past experience in leading
events/programs, I was inclined to do something safe, less bombastic and
memorable to people. This time around, I wanna make it BIG, I want people to be
talking about my events – feeling ambitious. Let’s just keep being proactive to
be able to make that change.
Cheeseman
Cheeseman
Essay Writing Competition to be precise. It is competition opened every second
semester of each academic session. I intend to know how proficient my English
is for (not bragging) many would say I have good command in English, but hey, I
am only Band 4 in MUET , I remembered how I wreaked it. How on earth can you
judge that my English is good? If from my FB lengthy posts, or snippet from my
blog you judged, then you might be slightly inaccurate because the writing I
put for public reading came after an hour or so typing while referring to
dictionary. So, to me, it wasn’t really a spontaneous writing, in fact, I am
always lost to find the appropriate words to use.
I chose
social issue themed topic: Corruption is inevitable in life. Discuss.
Too bad,
I’ve deleted the writing. I can’t even bear to read it for it’s just not up to
my own expectation. When the competition began, everyone began typing
furiously, tap tap tap on the keyboard non-stop. Daunted, I calmed my shaky
fingers and ignored how other contestants were doing. Eyes still lingered
around for inspiration though. I paused for several moments for I was
indecisive on which points to elaborate first, how the essay should flow,
retrieving past facts that I had read about.
That
tormenting two hours ended with sigh of regrets. I realized I was not good
enough and I questioned the root of cause. An answer that could possibly
console me a little was the fact that I hated factual writing; I wasn’t exposed
enough to argumentative writing/conversation; my neurons were not
well-connected yet.
I vow to
improve.
Departure of Dr Yuichiro
It was
still shocking to learn that a very dedicated, disciplined, professional
Japanese lecturer would be leaving us for another lecturer job back to where he
origin. His untucked formal wear and trademark hair flipping movement would
edge in our heart. Cordially, Dr Linda invited him and his wife for a farewell
buffet dinner. Located
somewhere at the corner of PJ street, here’s Rebung Chef Ismail- a restaurant owned by Chef
Ismail which serves authentic Malay cuisine. Accompanied with great vibe; illuminated
with yellow lighting blending perfectly well with the starless night; walls
decorated with numerous pieces of plates from the British era to dynasty of
China, all embedded sturdily on the wall; mellifluous music serenading softly; whisper
of chatters; clink and clank from cutlery; sizzle and bubbling juices oozing
at the edge of the grilled fish; aroma dancing all over the places, wafting
slowly just to stick on a few strands of your hair, a souvenir when you leave;
sinfully tempting dessert alluring at the corner.
![]() |
| Dr Yuichiro in white; Chuck on my right; Dr Linda on my left |
Growing up
in Malaysia would really enrich your experience with food. Though I had knew
most of the Malay food ever since studying in KMP, the buffet this time still
surprised me with various un-encountered dishes particularly the dessert. I had
tried bubur jagung manis but not
that broiling gluey and sticky and concentrated bubur durian!! Banana flavor is also available. Feeling excited, I asked the
waiter on how I should savour it. Little did I know that the perfect partner is
glutinous rice! The stickiness of that gleaming round glutinous rice would just
melt in your mouth as the durian sago gush in. Oh mama mia~ I can’t help
gulping a big bowl of it!
| Must serve with the gleaming nasi pulut! |
![]() |
| I would say, Rebung offers high class Malay food |
E-waste Collection Day!
The most exciting day for me because under SPAS Club, we are launching our E-waste Open Day Collection at Faculty of Science! It felt great for I got lots of support from the juniors, compliment from people dropby our booth for doing meaningful things.
Second day E-waste Open Day Collection. Cool, everything was running fine. More and more people dropby, and we even dug a few treasures out of the trash: Yong Enn got a new fan for her room, Tinish was excited with his PS2, and a very cool and beatful-sound-producing speaker was fished for future SPAS event.
The most exciting day for me because under SPAS Club, we are launching our E-waste Open Day Collection at Faculty of Science! It felt great for I got lots of support from the juniors, compliment from people dropby our booth for doing meaningful things.
Second day E-waste Open Day Collection. Cool, everything was running fine. More and more people dropby, and we even dug a few treasures out of the trash: Yong Enn got a new fan for her room, Tinish was excited with his PS2, and a very cool and beatful-sound-producing speaker was fished for future SPAS event.
Designing mode ON!
Hope to see my own design in UM 3R bins soon!
Hope to see my own design in UM 3R bins soon!
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Wow, a
movie directed and acted by Ben Stiller. Amazing how the story covered numerous
setting: from America to Greenland, from Iceland to Afghanistan then back to
America. In the movie, Walter Mitty (played by Ben Stiller), a Negative Agent
(turning photos from negative rolls) for a magazine company, often has lots of
imagination on his own “what if”. He imagined it well, practically bombastic
but never takes action to realize the “what if”. I guessed the moral of the
story is to take action for what you dreamed of, wait no time, blunder into the
unknown and discover the surprise, take risk and courage with you.
![]() |
| Lots of special effect is being played in this movie. Mostly is when Walter starts exaggerating on his "What if I....." imagination. |
Current conflict
“You’ve got
to be hit hard on the head to achieve something you envisioned. If you haven’t
found the hit, keep looking for it.”
Fear is my
current enemy. Fear for people’s perception on me if I chose not to live on to
their expectation. Fear for I chose to jump out from life dogma. Fear to be
myself. Fear to be different. Fear that going against the odd will land me on
failure.
I still
fear despite breaking through lots of things which I thought impossible.
I get lots
of inspiration these few days, from Steve Jobs, The Star newspaper, Walter
Mitty movie and so on. But I still think that no matter how much of inspirational
quotes you have read, the change that you wanna make, or things that you wish
to overcome will not come true unless you yourself experience that pang.













No comments:
Post a Comment