Monday, May 12, 2014

Long Day in Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia

Okay here I am, going for a quick bite on my latest update after my previous post. But before I begin, let me just vent out for while.

"What a long day" - travelling to Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia (UTC)

Yeap, today. Departed from home and travel to UTC at Plaza Rakyat LRT station. Was lost for a moment cause I did not follow exactly sister's directory on crossing the bridge which connects directly to second floor where the Jab Imigresen is located. Took about 5 minutes to figure out my way and finally reached second floor. Relieved to see a short queue, I praised myself for coming early, right before 8.30am, their operation hour. But then, eavesdropping in a conversation of an old man with a middle aged lady had made me realized that I was queueing at the wrong department - Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara.

Initially doubted on whether I should go to Jab Imigresen, then laughed myself off with the thought that I was silly for it must be for foreigner and not local. Now who is the real silly? Hahaha...

And the silliness brought me to end of a snake-long queue.

1101.

I was the 101 person in the queue. Each procedure at the only two opened counters consumed about 5 minutes for passport photo was taken as well. At about 9am, only 13 people been through the process. Ouch, that means it going to take me 4 hours plus to reach my turn. Patient, patient...that was what I told myself and I buried myself in book to kill time. At ten quarter, I began to feel drowsy, only to be jolted awake by sudden silence.

No colourful pants walked passed me, no anxious whisper on forgotten documents, no awkward rebuke from officer to customer on hair curtaining the forehead, no robotic announcement on the next serial number.

System was down.

Expected. That was what I uttered to console myself that everything was fine and going to resume after it was fixed. Sister faced the same thing as well when she renewed her passport. All it gonna take was a good one or two hours at most. I expect.

But then, after rolling around the chair, hunching body to continue the mundane read, toiling around the building languishingly, visiting the toilet again and again, system was still not fixed after passing my predicted time. The crowd was thinning, moan and groan were obvious, soon, more empty seats were available.

After munching on the biscuit brought from home and slurping a can of soya, the desire to continue munching prevailed. Brought an extortionate green bean junkie for RM2.00. Vendors were really digging gold here.

Novel, newspaper both Berita Harian and The Star, had all been scanned by my eyes. Still, officers only reply to us was "Tak tau la cik", when prompted on the issue. Heavy downpour struck. Do or die, I needed to get it done today. I had been waiting from 8am, so why not. Throughout the period, it felt like meditation. External forces that bumped on to you never failed to spell devilish lure in your ears to go home and give up on the hopeless wait.

But I remained there for I did not believe that the system would not be fixed. Kicking off the devil, I then pumped in more positive pep talks. And finally, as I was ambling outside the department, I began to see people stood up with hopeful eyes that slowly showed grateful beam. Shuffling around, the two operating counters now changed to four operating counters. Hurray!

And with more than half gave up their number, my turn reached quick too. Finally, my turned to be rebuked awkwardly by officer when photo was taken. Fuh! One hour, and the passport would be out fresh from oven.

To kill time, I explored around Kota Raya mall and the streets along. It might convey a vicious kind of streets for foreigners were milling around, cars, motorbikes and buses rumbling as if rushing back home to buka puasa, but paying extra cautious to your surrounding would help.

A visit to the mall gave a serendipity discovery on a shop that sell quite affordable backpack. Something I am yearning for. Will be back for it! Anyway, bought ada-feel punya cap. Ahh~~ loving it.


Bought Mom another Loreal branded hair dye too since Guardian had offer. Hope she would like it.


Off to Farewell dance practice~~

No comments:

Post a Comment