Which ever it is, I am happy that everything has gone smoothly during carnival. Handling CZ is not as difficult in retrospect. If only I have a cameo or a person diary with me, I hope I recorded all the sweat and tears during the past seven months.
As a flash back,
As a flash back,
#1 I remember how pale and anxious I was waiting for the killing announcement of the new JTK board members, two weeks after MHS. Despite prior prediction that I would be the President for JKP ADIN, I was too, unhappy and shocked of such circumstances. My main objective of being a PM is to learn about the administration of college to ease my path to execute my most passionate environmental awareness programs. However, things are always not beautiful as we always thought. I ended up being appointed as the Director of Citrawarna Za'ba. Something in contrary that I detest and uninterested.
#2 Totally clueless and aimless when I know CZ would be dominating my time and that I slowly felt that I would fail to accomplish more in my environmental effort, not forgetting academics which has crept to be tougher.
#3 Multitasking, versatile and capable are skills I had developed thanks to CZ again. Juggling with CZ, UMCARES, NVG, POPBL, BAYER, are certainly not within everyone's capacity. But hey, I have managed to go through it once again after the excruciating PM training and MHS week. I remember how I was always absent in the room, only be back at night, feeling drained, fatigue, bacteria-full, sleepy that I ended up sleeping on the floor with laptop bag as pillow. I could not even bother to at least brush my teeth, pee, needless to say bath. All I wanted was to sleep and start afresh the next day. I guessed through out the seven days period, I had practiced such for five or more nights.
#3 Multitasking, versatile and capable are skills I had developed thanks to CZ again. Juggling with CZ, UMCARES, NVG, POPBL, BAYER, are certainly not within everyone's capacity. But hey, I have managed to go through it once again after the excruciating PM training and MHS week. I remember how I was always absent in the room, only be back at night, feeling drained, fatigue, bacteria-full, sleepy that I ended up sleeping on the floor with laptop bag as pillow. I could not even bother to at least brush my teeth, pee, needless to say bath. All I wanted was to sleep and start afresh the next day. I guessed through out the seven days period, I had practiced such for five or more nights.
#4 I recalled how nervous and awkward I was speaking as the director to all my colleagues who mostly are my good friends and roommates; MT juniors who previously looked me as happy-go-lucky BSS PM MJay; to all seniors CZ members on our missions and visions, my hopes and expectation from them; to all first year juniors who gave me great attendance but only to dwindle as seven months almost reached.
#5 I recalled how mess up it was in the meetings I conducted initially. I can't help seeing my own weakness - indecisive.
#6 I recalled how pathetic and desperate I was searching everywhere for candidates to be the board members until I recalled that the candidates I found was of low vintage and I regret on my mistakes whenever I saw no initiative, engagement and efforts from them.
#7 I recalled how I constantly unfolded my own weaknesses: indecisive; weak in commanding people below my position; easily being affected by external factors like typical comments and opinions, weather, people's behaviour despite no words utter; too stereotypical; over-loving to colleagues that they dare to take me for granted and stepped over me; had too much fear and felt introspective in petty little things; hesitated and easily felt guilty even to just asked for mere help.
#8 I recalled how hardworking and earnest I was in reading The Star weekly guide for leadership, self-improvement etc. I always tried my best to apply it in my team only to wake up from my illusion when a senior told me that it is inapplicable if your team is not off an ideal team. True.
#9 I recalled how much hesitation I carried on shoulder whenever I tried to go beyond boundaries by including lots of new elements: goalball, OKU forum; big eater. All these need tonnes of courage to implement by judging on lots of our limitation particularly the manpower. But we did it.
#10 I recalled how I was in dismay when some of the problems emerged particularly when the events were already at stake: the uncertainties of Hao Ge presence; the unknown solution and risks after purchasing the 9 x 4.5m long tikar getah; the uncertainties and last minute to obtain lorry from JPPHB; the cancellation of Teh Tarik King; the low manpower for Goalball, Big Eater and Funfair Game setup; the unpredictable weather; the low cooperation and commitment for 1Msia Nite; the bad comments on the Chinese-dominated booth; the last minute publicity effort; the weak management due to low experience by the protokol.
The focus would now change to self-complimentary and self-appreciation:
#1 I am creative in brainstorming for programs in CZ.
#2 I am kind and greatly aware on the needs from all parties.
#3 I am brave and daring to try something new particularly the involvement of OKU residents.
#4 I am fair and just to all members.
#5 I am steady in giving speech.
#6 I have great problem solving skills.
#7 I am able to conduct a meeting well.
#8 I am patient in explaining and handling documentation.
#9 I have numerous friends (refined ones) who did not have second thoughts to help me.
#10 I am good in handling relationship.
#11 I am fun, jovial, optimistic though mischievous at times.
#1 I am creative in brainstorming for programs in CZ.
#2 I am kind and greatly aware on the needs from all parties.
#3 I am brave and daring to try something new particularly the involvement of OKU residents.
#4 I am fair and just to all members.
#5 I am steady in giving speech.
#6 I have great problem solving skills.
#7 I am able to conduct a meeting well.
#8 I am patient in explaining and handling documentation.
#9 I have numerous friends (refined ones) who did not have second thoughts to help me.
#10 I am good in handling relationship.
#11 I am fun, jovial, optimistic though mischievous at times.
#12 I am as hardworking and strong as a bull that giving up is never in my dictionary.
#13 I am persevere and determined.
#14 I am rational.
#15 I am a multi-tasker.
#16 I am friendly and helpful to juniors and others.
I officially signed off as the Director of Citrawarna Za'ba 2012/2013. Hope the next generation is able to come out with more innovative idea to suit the current fast pacing world.
#14 I am rational.
#15 I am a multi-tasker.
#16 I am friendly and helpful to juniors and others.
I officially signed off as the Director of Citrawarna Za'ba 2012/2013. Hope the next generation is able to come out with more innovative idea to suit the current fast pacing world.
No comments:
Post a Comment