Thursday, January 24, 2013

To The Doctor

Yeap, Mum was sick and I accompanied her to meet our family doctor. I remember it was always a relieved meeting a doctor, who exuded healing aura, so pleasant the feeling that you felt so much love as well.

The pouring care along with the breezy chilly air that embraced you the moment the door opened.

Friendly and chatty as ever, he made people in touch with him swiftly. Also credit to his ability to speak eloquent Cantonese, be it the common medical terms (i.e. "fatt siu, yit hei, "ta jzam", etc), communication made easy especially with those elderly who was not lucky to receive ample education.

Snow white hair and beard, popping eyes with explicit double eyelids behind the spectacles, walking with his thin legs while hunching his back, he picked up the syringe and gave Mum injection on the buttocks. Flawlessly done, Mum did not even feel a thing neither did blood oozed out.

Mum was much better now. I remembered back then when I was still in my pinafore, Mum was sick too during this time. Guess it was the heat.

Drink more water people. Don't be lazy. 2 liters are adequate (:




Doctor always give us a good impression: a total professional occupation, noble work for able to heal patients, gifted as well by God for that power. But prior to receiving recognition, sacrifice is required: years of learning, torturing housemanship years, inadequate of sleep yet have to stay on call, and, who to heal them when they need?

Kudos to all the Doctors in the world. In few years to come, I would have seven doctor friends: Nesha, Fion, Avan, Kok Ming, Aaron, Elena and Clement Kae Min. All the best you all (:

No comments:

Post a Comment