Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Colour bursting in the dark sky

Pairs of wings in the air force blue sky; polychrome fireworks erupting in the ebony night,
Quiet, sleepy dawn; energetic, lively midnight,
In the bustled morning market, buying paraphernalia; in the hustled night, preparing for the annual Ti Gong Dan, offering table of scrumptious and luxurious food.

630am. The earliest tick on the clock I ever woke up during this holiday. The purpose was to the always invigorating morning market which was awash with the elders, the mothers and the fathers.Except for the malodorous and noisome odour near the butcher area, the morning market always exudes redolent and humanity warmth when little bickering between the reluctant hardworking vendors and determined price-killer buyers occurs at the vegetable stall, jewellery kiosks on the other side and fruit stalls at the mouth of the market which eventually brings the community closer especially if the negotiation succeeded. 

Morning market although it could be filthy sometimes, always makes me feel much like home compared to those wet and dry grocery items laying there on the shelves with a fixed price in an enormous supermarket. We headed straight to the butcher where mum purchased the roasted pork rib which smelled sinfully tempting, not forgetting the golden crunchy crispy layer of skin. A mere one hour got my hands full with plastic bags. Fortunately we had our car which made our day convenient. 
After breakfast with long-time-no-eat "wun zai kou" - whitish tasteless dumpling with shape of a bowl, eaten with scantily chopped "za choy" - salty vegetables and brick-red chilly paste, I finished up the daily chores of floor sweeping and hurried for Sem 2 online registration. Thank God I got to register all the university courses before it was full. By time, I started feeling drowsy.However, no time for sleeping as I got to make two important calls to Stabilo and Digi.

My first attempt calling for sponsorship and apparently it was not as difficult as I thought. Stabilo listened to my explaination on CZ event. On contrary, Digi speaked straigth forwardly by asking me to mail them the proposal as if they were used to dealing with sponsoring U's event. Phew, sweats aside. My tasks were done. Lalallaa

Outing time! Sakae sushi in Farenheit with Tong Kwun and Serene.  

Today main purpose of outing was to purchase Avril Lavigne's concert ticket! Couldn't believe I am going! Ecstatic still though it had dwindled a bit as time past. 

Victoria Music Centre. A place I always visit but does not know It's name. Purchased the ticket there and also the unexpected Mylo Xyloto Coldplay album! of only RM35! I bought it without much hesitation because it was affordable to me, just like buying any sassy dress in Sungei wang =P My third original album and also my first Coldplay album :)))))) Thought of buying it as Patrick's bday present at the first thought but I yearned it tooooo. Hhahaha maybe I'll buy another one for him if He haven't.

Para-para-paradise~~~~

As the night came falling in, I was in Uncle's house for their annual buffet. Finally made a breakthrough as I made a few chat with cousin Wee Yau. We are cousins, but our useless ego made a huge gap. Our close bonding had been loosen since we reached adulthood and it was on the edge of diminishing ruefully. We no longer speak, not even a smile. This disheartening picture pushed me beyond boundaries, away from my elder sister and brother shadow as I vowed to chat with them like we used to fooling around when we were children. Next target will be Ah Yi's sons. Why not? Haahhaha after all they are friendly. I always believe self-initiative. They desire for us to approach them like how we yearn for it too. The first step is always the hardest however the first step we made is always a great ice breaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment