This time is for
real. I am 23 years old this year, never realizing that this day has actually
came knocking on my door. Five years ago I was struggling hard to make life
decision on what undergraduate study to pursue. I took it very seriously as I want
it to be in line with my personal mission – to protect the environment.
Thanks to a book
named Dare to Fail and 7 Habits of Effective People, it changed my life as if
turning an hour glass upside down for a renewed life spiced with excitement and
anticipation. Both had specifically shifted my mind paradigm to a proactive optimistic
thinking that dared me to opt to turn my dream alive.
From a three and
a half year study of Environmental Science and Management to working as an
Associate in Climate Change and Sustainability Department in KPMG.
I must say
thanks to the abundant blessing I receive to sail me to the shore despite
current economic crisis.
Thanks to Chee
Jing and Bernard that pulled me off from hesitating to go to Graduan Aspire
Career Fair.
Thanks to myself
for listening to gut feeling.
Thanks to Chee
Jing who mentioned about the sustainability report from PwC that she bumped
into that led us to asking PwC on vacancy.
Thanks to myself
for putting up optimism mode despite when Chee Jing thought it was impossible to
have such job.
Thanks to the
presence of KPMG booth that enabled us to attempt with a thick face to asked
for a position.
Thanks for the
luck that we asked the right person coming from the department we wanted to
enter.
Thanks to all
the efforts – all driven by passion for the environment – that at least had
made my resume presentable.
Thanks to Bernard
for continuously trained my interview skills.
Thanks to Sister
for her guidance as well.
Thanks to the
good attitude as well.
Thanks for
everyone’s blessing!
First day of
work tomorrow. Let’s see how the orientation goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment