Thursday, October 23, 2014

Bold to be Bald

Okay call me a crap or what, but getting bald has always been my dream. It gives me an opportunity to experience hair growth that I missed out when I was a baby. Nevertheless, I am extremely happy that my secondary school mate, Chiew Teng, shares similar dream as me.

She vows to shave her head bald if she managed to raise fund up to RM15,000! This money will then be used to support Epic Home initiative in building home for the needy. Such a noble cause.

Please support her and help the needy. While you have a roof above your head, think about those who don't.

To donate, click link.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Every day, there are 12,322 families who live in unsafe housing in Peninsular Malaysia. I'm going to change that!
Project HOME: Help Out. Miracles Exist
Because everyone deserves a HOME.
Hi everyone, I am Ang Chiew Teng, aged 22 and I am currently a student in Taylor's University pursuing Biomedical Science degree.
I am here to raise funds to build a home for the homeless.
I am here because I care for the community and I really want to do something for them.
A simple wooden house which can accommodate a family of 4-5 costs about RM40k, and my team and I are still far behind our target. Therefore, I pledge to shave my head, if I can hit the target of raising RM 15, 000 in line with the Anything4HOME challenge by Taylor's University Community Service Initiatives (CSI).
This may sound crazy to you and especially to all my friends who would know how much I treasure my hair.
I am not smart in raising money, nor do I know about trading or investing to double the money, therefore, what I am left with is the things that I can offer, and this is my pledge that I am willing to trade in just to build a home for the homeless people. I hope, you will support my cause, pay it forward and also be blessed in return. If you cannot afford to donate then please share this link to your friends and relatives because we really need help in reaching out to more people as every little effort helps us in reaching our goal.
My challenge would be:
First RM 5,000 raised - I will have my hair cut to shoulder length and the 8 to 9 inches ponytail will be donated to the National Cancer Society, Malaysia to make a wig for the cancer patients.
RM 10,000 raised - I will have a boy-cut.
RM 15,000 - I will shave all my hair and be bald.
All my hair will be donated to the cancer patients via National Cancer Society under Locks of Hope campaign, so it is not just about hair-cutting and building home.
Join me in my challenge too! Like few of my friends who have promised to go bald with me if I can get RM15k.
Please support us. Spread the kindness. Good day to you and thank you for your time at this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment