Turning 21 in 2013 is the best birthday I ever had. Do not know why, but I felt I had a blast man!
Just in the morning itself, prior to Genovasi, Mum made me wine-braised mee sua with two eggs which symbolize birth in Chinese custom.
At night after class, Mum and Sis kindly bought me mini green tea red bean cake, meticulous and considerate enough that they were aware that I had enough cakes since father, Ah Xian and Be Ku birthday celebration.
Another surprise following my arrival in college.
Sweet birthday card from Vivian! I could literally smell the sincerity as it is truly self-made by using recycled materials =) Nice effort of hers.
Also, I felt very grateful to have them both crazy ones to celebrate birthday for me in previous and this year. Felt truly blissful for Ying Shin sincerity in calling me in the morning to wish me and also Chai Hyun who always race to be the last to wish me.
It's a cake dipped with chocolate just like choco-top McD ice cream and a rose-shaped cheese top.
Unexpectedly on Tuesday, another celebration ensued. This time with beloved Shine Shine study group and peers from ever since first year - William and Shirley. Had my first try out in Chillis with them. It was very sweet of them for treating me this exorbitant meal.
Refillable Mexican chips with tomato gravy!
Sandwich well toasted with fragrant cheese and ham layers.
Deep fried chicken dipped with thickly with honey. The crispiness of the chicken skin is sinfully tempting and it tasted almost like what Yee Shan's mum served last time.
Not forgetting the sweet corn too! I have never eaten such corn which is so sweet and soft yet crunchy and not oily! Its goodness is further accentuated by the spices.
Fajitos! Some mushroom, vegetables and breast chicken sizzled on the hot plate. It is meant to be wrapped in the pita bread, spread with cheese, chopped tomatoes, avocado, mayonnaise and fresh lettuce.
I was too excited to feed all of them the cake that I forgotten to snap a picture of the Chocolate Indulgence and New York Cheese cake!
My two besties from first year! William who always can't help having disgusting topic with him and Shirley who I had been with her throughout her tough time in first year.
And here you go! The celebration mastermind/host - Shian Feen aka UNI bestie!!!
The sampat shine shine gang!
Let's not stop the party! And the final celebration on Wednesday with Siau Hom in UT! She bought me capuccino cheese cake which is also something I would like to try besides New York Cheese!. Thank you Siau Hom aka uni bestie too! It's amazing how we from first year able to maintain the relationship despite not staying together =D
Hahahaha and we had a very DIY porridge-soon-to-be-rice meal! Long bean + tomato + mushroom + some fake vege meat + rice + with too little water >c<
And the last pic is just to show a collection of souveniers from Yu Ching (Taiwan - bracelet), Wuen Chuin (Krabi - elephant keychain) and Shian Feen (Penang - mural keychain).
Thanks for every thing. The call by Fion, Rupinder, Tong Kwun.
Wishes from John, Kenny, Serene, Elena.
All my close friends and acquaintance.


















No comments:
Post a Comment