Finally, I can express myself freely like strong gush of water flowing from mere ripple. I guess I need to start from Genovasi Saturday class.
Saturday class was when we meet our client - Mr Yuen Tuck from RinggitPlus - an organization worked to educate Malaysian on wise money spending. They prepared a platform via their active webpage to provide information as well as comparing the features and offers from various banks in term of credit cards and loans particularly. Frankly, as a person from Science background, I am not that avid on this matter compared to other tasks that need us to invent creative products. I shared the common feeling with Farqhan en route to Genovasi but we decided to face it positively and take this opportunity to learn something different.
Warm up that day was again another brow rising entertaining one. Though the overall attendance for that day was pretty bad, I was grateful that at least Lina, Sham and Alan were with me. So the game was called Action, Freeze, Narrate. Initially, Alan and I were given a situation - we were both in 100 000 feet deep ocean - and then we would have to act out. Lina would be the narrator. For the second round, we both were required to act in within 2 seconds before "freeze" was called out. And once we froze, Lina would have to randomly and wildly create a story on our frozen states. It was really very nice and interactive though it contains austere concept.
During the talk by Yuen Tuck - chiseled face, geekly smart with black-framed spectacles and shoulder length hair tied at the back of this broad shoulder - most of us looked bored, some might had thoughts traveled faraway. I tried to concentrate to elicit and analyze the possible weaknesses and rooms that we could engage for improvement.
Through out the Empathy process on Saturday, I slowly got to bond with Lina and Sham in addition to understand better on their background. Lina, a mother of two, reserved and shy when it comes to speaking in the crowd - a contradiction to her current job: tourism police in Malacca - is active in our group discussion despite facing a little distress upon realizing his husband's wallet left in her handbag. Sham meanwhile, is also from PDRM who seems to have a little difficulties in comprehending to English.
I took liberty to indirectly interview the two police officers on their experience in crime department. Lina who has 5 years working to tackle criminal cases, still wear a bright smile when sharing her experience with me. What I could only recall now is only on her short sleeping hours during investigation period, how much time she has to sacrifice for work rather than her family and coming to Genovasi somehow is a burden for her aside from the travelling part.
Sham told me on a case relating to our national badminton player's relative who is a lesbian. Apparently, the her lesbian partner killed her over money matter by threatening her to leak her nude photos. Ultimately the case was solved but to be honest, I still am not fully convinced on his credibility in solving cases. Perhaps he played a minor role in that case.
So on Saturday, we only achieved to come out with three insights based on the talk earlier.
(1) Gen-Y does not understand financial jargon.
(2) Gen-Y buys on impulse to maintain certain lifestyle.
(3) Gen-Y does not feel responsible for their own financial management because they can still depend on their parents for money.
Prior to presenting our Empathy outcome, we had another exciting warm up which needed alertness, agility and aggressiveness (on body movement). Basically we would have to made certain body gestures and if the same posture was made, we would have to smack our thighs and continue promptly.
We were then dismissed early at about 5pm after having some cakes.
Just to highlight two things before closing this topic:
(1) Farqhan kindly bought a nasi lemak for me which I kept it until lunch hour. It is really not my desire to have another round of breakfast after a heavy one prior to that. And to add on this, I enjoyed myself hanging out with bachelors Raj,Farqhan, Sree and especially Hafiz because we get to tease around, crack jokes and talk nonsense. It feels good, innocuous and relaxing.
(2) Before the class was dismissed, guess who I met? Hazirah - BYEE 2012 Champion who proposed on rainwater harvesting and gain her a golden ticket to Germany. *envy* I can't believe I meet her here! We were both so happy and gleeful to find environmental avid and without further a do, we can't help ourselves teasing the skema-ness of Chuck. Surprisingly too that she has also married. Well, I guess for Malay, married = dating for Chinese. It is super normal to be married at such tender age.
Knowing that she is the winner, it really injects dose of motivation and desire to re-join the abandon fight. I am still deciding on how to execute my empty-plan-with-only-idea/daydream.
At night, I had a scrumptious heavy dinner with Be Ku and family to sort of like celebrate his birthday. Initial plan to go to Sushi King to celebrate my birthday was then postponed. To add to the climax of the night, sis and I voluntarily bought a Tiramisu cake from preservatives-rich Secret Recipe to celebrate his 58 years of glory. It was a warm night to have their family picture taken, singing song together in an antique yet not obsolete furnished house. Indirectly, my birthday was also celebrated too.
On Sunday, the fun has begun. Brindha was still absent and I felt slightly agitated to have a missing member who we will then need to re-brief her from the top. Although in the first group bonding session, I mentioned that we must not leave any member who knows nothing :/ *contradiction* Warm up of the day also test our alertness. Firstly, we should only show our point finger for left hand while an open palm on the right. Following that, one of the coach narrated a story on Life of Pi and whenever the word "water" was mentioned, we would have to grab the our companion's finger on the right, while evading our own point finger from being caught by another partner.
Sanhar managed to join us for today - another member of PDRM. Our mission of the day were to interview as many people as possible in the labyrinth-like structured 1Utama Shopping Mall, gather as much observation and insights and so on. Time was abundant - almost four hours - thus we completed our tasks with ease. What I liked most were:
(1) Getting to hop into Alan luxurious navy blue car that worth RM95k.
(2) Snapped our group picture in a very funky post - as if running.
(3) Further understand on each other background ::
- Sham : a father of two who detest smoking; second eldest among five siblings; independent; a proud brother for his younger sibling who is going to graduate soon; mature; has mother who is also a fan of tupperware!
- Lina : went through hard way in her life; worked five part time jobs during her university time - including a job as road sweeper for DBKL; she actually enjoys it though; studied in UM too at APM; practically did not use PTPTN money at all and allocated all to for her mother's medical treatment on cancer; has a sister who has breast cancer too; is the eldest among her siblings; responsible; sacrifice a passion on entrepreneurship as long as she can get a job from government sector to decrease her burden; met her husband who was also from PDRM; detest gold rings, bracelet, etc - will not opt for materials; realistic and optimistic.
(4) Get to interview a number of interesting respondents ::
(a) tupperware promoter
(b) a relatively old looking Chinese couple with a son (hugging his two large boxes of Panda biscuit) ) - who intend to let his son be financially independent - aware on the fact that feeding his son with constant pocket money will not help
(c) a young and fair skinned mother of two - openly allowed us to interview her despite her two noisy kids
(d) Form 5 student who looked rather mature like a pre-U instead - thrifty despite from a well-off background - intended to study law and every thing seems like a smooth sail for her - without any financial worries for her parents could afford it easily - mature in a way that would opt to stay locally in order to save some money for her two younger brothers' future
(e) an old man, sitting on bench waiting for his wife
(f) a gangster - as described by Sanhar - based on his punk appearance: golden hair spiked towards the middle, wore earring and tongue ring, dragon necklace, a serial number tattoo on hand - if this was true, I was truly fooled then because by judging the way he spoke to me, it was relatively friendly and sincere - the truth was revealed when he had a special way in shaking Sanhar's hand - still unbelievable because he told me he was still a student during the weekend, had penchant for gadgets, wise in spending money, did not believe in credit card advantages, had a very matured gf who was also clothes retail partner - perhaps he is a ma with two faces in which during the day he seemed like guy-next-door, but turned horrifying at night.
(g) a reserved fresh graduate who works as freelance architect currently.
(h) another old man with few strands of white moustache - a little suspicious and wary in his tone as he gave his answer
Warm in the afternoon is more to like picture-guessing concept. I still recalled the last word was "deeply betrayed" in which I would have to draw to depict the meaning. The moral of this game is to encourage more visualization instead during unpacking.
No comments:
Post a Comment