It was long since we last met. About two months? Myriad
changes from him often bumped into me on facebook from time to time though I
never really have time to ask and get updated. Only today, I've got no idea why
I viewed his profile and to my amazement, spool of comments, prays, and
congratulations reeled as I scrolled down his page. Then only I got to know he
lost his galaxy note. Gasped in surprised, I continued reading for more. Never
thought that such petty incident got its way to The Star newspaper and another
chinese tabloid. I was even shocked to not knowing this as I'm a daily reader
of The Star newspaper. It was on 9 June, Saturday tabloid and I remembered
skipped reading it cause of calculus paper, for good apparently, or else, I'll
start asking him around, helping out, and lose time to study.
His snow white phone which sized triple my phone which I
always fondly laugh at whenever he speaks to it, was stolen by notorious thief
who pretended to be a good Samaritan. His car was stuck in the mud as he tried
to avoid a motorcycle in Jalan Shamelin. Well well, guess the motorist who
helped him was also the one who initially had targeted him for his phone, as
such, had intrigued on driving near his car so that he'll swerve to the
barricade construction on the side way and got trapped in the mud.
The beauty of this incident was a lot of other Good
Samaritans of all races came and helped my dear friend (only one with notorious
intention). And in the end, my friend hugged the Malay who helped in and said
"Kita memang satu Malaysia" and the Malay replied "tak apa, kita
PengYou". It really tickled me. Upon reading his story, I pm-ed him.
Previously I pm-ed him as well, but he did not reply, which made me curious
because it was so not him. And finally when he replied me, he gave a real bad
news.
"She Mei, my dad just passed away and I dono what to
do."
My jaw dropped to the utmost level. Without further a do, I
called him. He was sobbing a little, trying hard not to let it sound in the
phone while swallowing the swell in his throat. Hmm just wish I'm there to
comfort him. But guess the best remedy is just to cried out loud and let it all
out. Hope he'll feel better in the space alone. He'll have to flung his exam
tomorrow.
Rest in peace Uncle Lim. Your son is a good and reliable guy
who will certainly take good care of himself, granny and mummy. May you bless
him with good life.
No comments:
Post a Comment