zToday, Every major happening today was just like ripping ff days on the calender. It was so major that there were way too many things that needed me to interpret, analyze and absorb be it lessons or feelings.
Firstly, I woke up after the second alarm blared so hard that if I did not off it, it would soon flung to my head! Anyway, that still did not wake me up. In lieu, it was Agnes;s scream that struck me from my dream. Today morning was a bracing one as Shian, Jaron and I headed to SS17 morning market to sell composts and brinjals for RM5/pack and RM3/pack respectively. From my humble opinion, I would like to sell it in a higher prie because it really worth more than that for it is from natural farm - a new term I learned from SIFE member : Li Chau.
Jaron was beaming so brightly for he thought our performance today was remarkable and precious like gold. Obviously he did not have any marketing experience. RM130 was roughly the profit. He then treated us for breakfast, which was something he ought to. "Apparently this world has free meal!", cheered Shian Feen. Too me, Shian Feen was over-excited too or is it I was too greedy? I still remembered that she sold the last packet for a cheaper price which for me it was totally not necessary. Well, we needed to gain as much as possible and putting less mercy on customer because they were actually purchasing it in a much cheaper price.
After this morning portraying as an aunt selling vegetables, I went for Vegetarian Stall for another job - publicity. LOL...I suddenly felt like a freelancer for after that I proceeded as a student, attending Geology class. After class, I went to Amcorp Mall with Agnes to purchase something as well as lunch.
I bought Ripley's Believe It Or Not for Chuck as his convo on Thursday (the next day) present as well as a gesture of appreciation to him as his junior. I still hope he would like it although I took a real long time to decide to buy him a gift or not. Besides, he even pierced my heart and it fell into pieces when he was like asking sarcastically ( but I like to interpret it as a joke ), " What is this? So heavy. Is it recycling book?" Another statement was even more hurtful when he said with full of frustration, " What is this? Heavy like hell". Sigh, it really ruined my mood because I forked out money for this, because I sacrificed my time to buy it, because I was extremely shy too to actually give you a gift, because I skipped Motior's class for this. It affected me that I forgot to wait for Kak Mel's convo and headed straight to vege stall to escape from the whole awkward moment at the same time, made myself felt better in vege stall.
After AmCorp Mall, I rushed to Cansellory for a meeting with Mr.Ang along with Chee Guan, Jaron, Dr.Subriyani on the Cowtech AD Machine. THANK YOU I would say to the universe for allowing me to experience what all these in while I read from the newspaper. Overall, the meeting was just something that all the parties except me understood. Dr.Subriyani was very excited about the whole project, about the awareness that could be raised, about how well this project had been going on that she could actually raised UM's name and also ranking. She blabbed too much and she actually was my reflection for I was behaving like her too earlier. But lately, I felt changes, I felt the presence of reality. Never to be under the bushes of naivety anymore in environmental field. Awareness was not something could be achieved easily and this made me to change my focus in this field.
Anyway, it was kind of hard for me to focus in the meeting for I had period, which made me felt wimp and fatigue. Later after that, Chee Guan invited me for a meeting with Sife regarding the marketing on the compost. After almost two hours meeting, I felt that there were a lot to interpret about Chee Guan. Chee Guan was someone I looked up very high to from the day I read the article about his composting project in UM and having heard of that, seeing him in UM gave me such a great push, strong motivation and great aura to kick start everything. However, weakness one that I spotted : he smoked. Weakness two : he could be cunning and greedy but let's hope both the attitude were heading on the good side. Probably this was important because we could not be over-excited with our project when the effort to sustain it was more important.
But how? I always tell myself in this field if I could not get a job, I'll create the job oppurtunity. Never thought Chee Guan was in the same boat with me. He was much more brave and was a risk-taker. From my observation, he had quite a studding eyebrow which meant that this kind of people was very good in their field. Also, from the way he spoke, he kind of like have a power to make people obey to him. Besides, he was curt yet straight to the point. Extrovert and aggressive too. When we walked to his car after the meeting, he told me he was once a Shell scholar and when he was told that there wasn't any job vacancy for him, he totally stunned.
So, he made up his mind to be lecturer as well as carried on his thesis project - compost. Never thought that after one year, the compost developed well and to prevent it from close down, he chose entrepreneurship - something that he liked to do for long. He had the skills I could see. As we talked he offered me to be part of the team. Wondering what would be the benefits and also how I could contribute as I was still student, he replied that I could be stakeholder. True, once this business expanded, with the initial help by SIFE, I believe it would grow well.
So, why not taking this up? I needed money so that I could do more environmental-related projects. At the same time, it was still in my field and something I like too. It was like killing two birds with a stone. Using compost to give nutrients to vegetation, and sell the yield and at the same time, reducing food waste. That could be another way too.
Right now I would just have to say THANK YOU and hoep I can work well with my new team for in the mean time, I wonder how much time I coiuld divide and allocate anymore...
No comments:
Post a Comment